In Texas, only bicycle accidents resulting in fatalities are reported. However the number of bicycle accident injuries is much higher.
Sometimes another car is involved in bicycle accidents, but some bicycle accident are because of faulty roadways or falls. Bicycle accidents may also occur due to weather conditions.
A helmet may not totally protect you from careless drivers. We are an experienced bicycle accident lawyer and can help you seek compensation for your injuries.
What should you do if you are in a bicycle accident:
- Take pictures of the area, your bike and your injuries as soon as possible.
- Always wear a good helmet that is highly recommended by Consumer Reports.
- Drivers often do not see bicycles or motorcycles.
- Unfortunately bicycles blocking or slowing drivers paths often makes them mad.
- Many bicyclists that are hit by a car suffer serious injuries, brain damage and or death.
- Have a good light on your bike and helmet and back if you ride at night anywhere.
You will need a good attorney to handle your case as the big auto insurance companies have teams of people to defend these cases.
If there was any negligence involved in your bicycle accident, The Sheller Law Firm will work hard to ensure that you receive appropriate compensation.